We care about privacy. Afterall, teaching people how to use information responsibly is how we make a living. We want to be transparent about how we collect and use your information.
Feel free to stop by here again next time you visit our site.
1. We collect and use your personal information
1.1 When you subscribe to our newsletter
We sometimes send out email newsletters to subscribers. You can unsubscribe at any time by following an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us.
1.2 When you contact us
When you contact us by social media, email or phone, we collect the information included in your message. We use this information to communicate with you.
2. We may share your personal information with our trusted suppliers
We use suppliers and service providers who we trust. They have agreed to keep your personal information secure and confidential, and to only use it for the purposes for which we have sent it to them.
- We use other companies to
- Deliver our newsletters and other communication,
- provide IT infrastructure,
- store information
- maintain our website, and
- help us manage our business, (like the bean counters).
Some of our suppliers are in other countries that have different levels of protection of personal information, but we’re comfortable that they protect personal information to the same extent that we do. Interested in who these mysterious suppliers are?
We use Microsoft 365 to do our work and store all our information, including our clients’ information. Microsoft stores all our content in the European Union. We believe that Microsoft provides an adequate level of protection for the personal information we store with them. You can read more about their privacy undertakings here.
We use Xero accounting software. Xero is based in New Zealand and have put measures in place to ensure our personal information remains protected. You can read more about how they use personal information here.
3. We must show you what we know
- You have the right to
- ask what personal information we have about you,
- ask what personal information was sent to our suppliers, service providers, or any other third party,
- ask us to update, correct, or delete any out-of-date or incorrect personal information we have about you,
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you,
- object to the processing of your personal information, and
- lodge a complaint about our practices with the Information Regulator.
It can take us up to 21 days to respond to your request because there are procedures that we need to follow.
In certain cases, we may require proof of your identity and sometimes we may have additional requirements to make changes to your information.
4. Please notify us if you suspect a security breach
We have implemented reasonable security measures based on the sensitivity of the information we hold. These measures are in place to protect the information from being disclosed without authorisation, from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, and from being altered or destroyed. If you suspect that we (or you) have had a security breach, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include as much information as you can.
5. Have more questions? Let’s talk!
Get in touch with our team. If you have any questions or concerns about how we engage with you, please let us know.