Novation Consulting is bursting at the seams with work and we really need somebody awesome to manage our office. You will do a bit of admin management, some project management, and lots of generally organising stuff.
We think this is a part-time role, but then again, what do we know about office management? That’s exactly why we need you.
This is what Novation does:
- Plain language forms, contracts, and policies: We create page-turner policies, clear contracts, and user-friendly forms.
- Compliance and risk management: We do not believe in compliance for compliance’s sake. We believe that compliance policies and procedures should always enhance a business’s ability to fulfil its strategic objectives.
- Managing change: We believe that compliance is ultimately about influencing human behaviour. Done right, training, and awareness solutions can truly address risk and change behaviour for good. We do e-learning, workshops, newsletters, videos, posters, or whatever it takes to get our message across.
- Information governance: We help companies improve their information governance strategies. We advise on how information is managed and how to comply with privacy legislation in a way that saves money, increases productivity, and leads to better decision-making.
For more information about us, browse our website.
- What will you be doing?
We need somebody who is able to wrangle a small team of misfits into some semblance of order.
What you will be doing will depend a little on your background. This is what needs doing:
- Supporting our senior consultants on big compliance and risk management projects, including project management and administration
- Managing our marketing content development schedule
- Administration of our website
- Invoicing and billing
- Co-ordinating appointments and meetings; managing our individual diaries and the team resourcing plan
- Booking flights, hotels, and rental cars, and generally making sure we get to where we need to go
- Administration of the office, such as buying office supplies and equipment, printing, and sending telegrams (not really, just feeding our carrier pigeon, Norman)
- Taking intelligent notes during team meetings
- Managing tender documentation
- Organising events and socials
- What are we looking for?
These things are a must:
- Office management experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Tech savvy (i.e. using project management tools and the standard MS Office applications)
- Creative thinking and a curious mind
- Being a people person
- A sense of humour
- A thick skin
These things will be a bonus:
- Experience working in a law firm or compliance team
- A qualification or experience in project management
- A proven love of Lego, Harry Potter, or Star Wars
- What do we expect from our people?
We expect our employees to
- fit in with our values. Here you can go and have a look at what they are.
- be pragmatic. Common sense and practical solutions are a must.
- work independently. We don’t micromanage. You will have the freedom to manage your own time and to decide how to get the job done.
- work hard and set aggressive goals.
- be flexible. This is often not an eight to five job.
- get along with each other. We embrace quirkiness and fly our freak flags proudly.
- What is in it for you?
The usual stuff and then some:
- We are a start-up company and are growing fast. There will be a lot of opportunities for you to grow with us.
- Flexible working hours and leave if you show us that you can get the job done.
- How do you apply?
Please note: this position is based in Cape Town. Send your CV and the world’s best cover letter by 13 September 2019 to email@example.com
There will be bonus points if you don’t bore us to tears. We also like videos.