Novation Consulting is bursting at the seams with work. We need a top performing, creative mind, who knows compliance, risk management, and legal stuff. This is an opportunity to escape the chains of corporate life, to throw away your office shoes, and to do things slightly, okay a lot, differently.
This is what Novation does:
- Plain language forms, contracts, and policies: We create page-turner policies, clear contracts, and user-friendly forms.
- Compliance and risk management: We do not believe in compliance for compliance’s sake. We believe that compliance policies and procedures should always enhance a business’ ability to fulfil its strategic objectives.
- Managing change: We believe that compliance is ultimately about influencing human behaviour. Done right, training, and awareness solutions can truly address risk and change behaviour for good. We do e-learning, workshops, newsletters, videos, posters, or whatever it takes to get our message across.
- Information governance: We help companies improve their information governance strategies. We advise on how information is managed and how to comply with privacy legislation in a way that saves money, increases productivity, and leads to better decision-making.
For more information about us, go to our website.
1. What will you be doing?
We need a consultant with some experience in compliance, risk management, or in-house legal.
What you will be doing will obviously depend a little on your background. This is what needs doing:
- Support senior consultants on big compliance and risk management projects. This includes research, doing risk assessments, developing and delivering training, reviewing and writing policies (in plain language!) and project management.
- If you are (or were) an attorney we will involve you in our plain language projects. This is where we take long, ugly, legalese forms and contracts, and make them delightful.
- You will get to draft legal documents from scratch. These include terms and conditions, privacy notices, policies, procedures, opinions, video scripts (yes, video contracts!)
- You must be able to fly solo. We will expect you to give legal and compliance advice on smaller projects on your own.
- We do training in any format you can think of. You will have to develop workshop and e-learning material, training videos, posters, guides … Don’t worry, you don’t have to be able to draw. We have people for that.
- You must be able to sell. We will send you to recruit new clients, come up with proposals, and network.
2. What are we looking for?
These things are a must:
- About five years’ experience in compliance, risk management, or in-house legal
- A suitable qualification
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Tech savvy (i.e. using project management tools)
- Creative thinking and a curious mind
- Being a people person
- Willing to travel a lot
- Comfortable with public speaking
- A sense of humour
- A thick skin
These things will be a bonus:
- Experience working in information governance, the Protection of Personal Information Act, GDPR, etc.
- Knowledge of at least some of these industries:
- Higher Education
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
- Media and Communication
- Travel and Leisure
- If you are an admitted attorney
- If you know what change management is and have some experience in developing awareness campaigns and training
- A qualification or experience in business communication, plain language, and speaking human
- A proven love of Lego
3. WHAT DO we expect from our people?
We expect our employees to
- fit in with our values. Here you can go and have a look at what they are.
- be pragmatic. Common sense and practical solutions are a must.
- use design thinking. We tailor our solutions to our clients’ needs, not the other way around.
- work independently. We don’t micromanage. You will have the freedom to manage your own time and to decide how to get the job done.
- work hard and set aggressive goals.
- be flexible. This is often not an eight to five job.
- get along with each other. We embrace quirkiness and fly our freak flags proudly.
4. What is in it for you?
The usual stuff and then some:
- We will pay you and if it turns out that you are a rainmaker, your salary will grow quickly.
- You will learn a lot. We do a lot of skills development and you can tell us what you want to specialise in (more or less).
- We are a start-up and are growing fast. There will be a lot of opportunities for you to grow with us.
- Flexible working hours and leave if you show us that you can get the job done.
5. how DO YOU apply?
Send your CV and the world’s best cover letter by 30 September 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be bonus points if you don’t bore us to tears. We also like videos.